Need Help Understanding My Blog? Click The "Explanation" Tab Above.
Following And Comments are greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gossip Girl

(1984)
(Here is a filler draft)
 
"Hey," Ren said. "Are you ready for your date with Tom tonight?"
 
Kayla folded the corner of a page in her book, closed it, and set it on the arm of the couch. "Well maybe I'm a little excited." she said, before chomping on a few pretzel sticks. "It's a little scary, actually. But, hey, he's cute so I have a reason."
 
Ren grabbed a handful of pretzels from the bag on Kayla's lap. "Why is it so scary?"
 
"Because," Kayla shrugged, "I can't remember what I said to him that night at The Galaxy. I couldn't even remember his name before Fred mentioned it yesterday."
 
"Just try to have fun tonight, okay?"
 
"Okay. Okay," Kayla said. "Besides, I hear he's a good guy."
 
Ren's face lit up. "From who?"
 
Kayla looked away.
 
"Ohhh!" Her eyes widened.
 
"Stop, Ren!" She thumped Ren with a throw pillow and said, "I'm not in love just yet, so calm down."
 
Ren laughed.
 
"And what about you and Eric?"
 
With a demure expression she said, "We're just having some fun, is all."
 
Kayla lowered her eyes. "You're just having fun? That's not what I heard. And when have you ever just had fun?"
 
"And since when do you hear so many things?" she snapped.
 


1 comment:

Libby Nash said...

I already like Ren! She remindes me a bit of Robin, but also has a hint of Cheyenne in her with the whole Eric thing.